Contrary to what people think, I feel that writers are faced with a lot of fears. Is my work good enough, will it be rejected, do I inspire people, how will I publicize my book, what if I get writers block? The list can go on and on.
I know I have been writing for years but never did anything with my writing. I did not want to share it with the world and would use it as my own personal journal. I was approached many times by others to step out on faith and get my work published.
When I finally took their advice and published my first book, I was told being an Indie writer I would have to make sure I publicize my book myself. I was told it was an absolute must. I freaked out again.
Then after speaking with a few other people they said if you want to sell your books to the masses you need to be on the radio, on TV and social media. Yea right. How am I going to get on TV? Then I realize that I have to get out there and spread the word. The more the public hears about my book the better it would be.
Many bestselling authors say that talk radio is one of the best and most cost-efficient vehicles to get the word out. But what if you are a shy writer?
If you are a shy writer I would:
1. Start with a written plan. Write down your goals, what you want to accomplish and how you are going to accomplishing those goals.
2. Learn as much as you can about publicizing your book.
3. Learn how to do a Virtual Book Tour.
4. Schedule a book signing at a library, book store, or your home.
5. Become a guest Blogger.
6. Subscribe to another authors’ newsletter.
7. Join Book Groups or Meet Up Groups on Social Media.
8. Do whatever you can to get people talking about your book.
These are my recommendations on ways a Shy Author can publicize their book.